Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

Meal Plan Monday June 19-25

Life gets tough. Sometimes we need time to recuperate. I had to take the last month to breathe. Of course during that time, my daughter and I had a respiratory virus, and then she got a double ear infection. So I didn't get to breathe that much. And in truth, being out of my daily routines was more rough than helpful. But that happens.

I did learn a lot in the last month. I have learned about food and what certain foods do to me and my kids. I have learned about histamine reactions and how nausea can go hand-in-hand with itchy skin. I learned about being the kind of mom I want to be rather than what society tells me to be. And I learned about my kids and what is best for them. So there's a lot to write and share.  But for today, let me just ease back into this whole blogging thing with this week's meal plan.

Our meal planning has gone totally whackadoo lately because of the kids' immune systems. I still have to make separate meals for them to accommodate being gluten free, which from a horrible experiment we learned is an absolute necessity, not just a doctor's recommendations. We've also had a plentiful garden this summer, so I have been incorporating our fresh veggies whenever possible. Add to that a crazy schedule because of library camp, dance camp, and wildlife classes, and you get a mixed up menu that seems redundant every week.

Later this week I also hope to write about my newfound-love - the Ninja Blender. It was a huge splurge, but now I feel like it was a necessity. The kids have smoothie fever, and it has been a lifesaver. They fill up on wholesome fruits, veggies, and seeds without additives, and even my hypersensitive child handles it with a smile instead of a complaint.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change. I can't wait to review my new finds next week!

Breakfasts 
Flourless muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, plain egg omelets, sausage, bacon, fruit 

Lunches
Dinner leftovers, chicken breasts, smoothies, peanut butter,  fresh fruit/vegetables

Dinners 
Monday: Gnocchi kale chicken alfredo
Tuesday: Sausage, peppers, potatoes, onions, and squash
Wednesday: Baked caprese salad
Thursday: Pinto beans, sausage patties, spinach
Friday: Grilled steaks and hamburger patties, corn, baked potatoes
Saturday: Take out barbecue
Sunday:  Leftover buffet

Snacks
Yogurt, smoothies, almond flour cookies,

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Life gets busy whew! But having fun times along the way helps. We make time for fun on weekends n have date nights. Uvsound like me though w surviving a lot of the time! Meal ideas....what were having tonight: van kemps fish sticks w macaroni n green beans or corn, zatarains jambalaya rice dinner w turkey sausage oscar meyer as the meat in it another night w stillwells breaded fried okra, el paso crunchy taco shells n mccormick taco seasoning light sour cream 2 percent cheddar cheese tomatoes hot sauce w corn n knorr spanish rice.....little caesars pizza n buffalo wings 4 easy meals not great but easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast my kids like nutri grain blueberry waffles lucky charms or banana bread this wk. Snacks we have this wk are orange sherbet blue bell watermelon animal crackers cheezits n fruit snacks before bed state fair beef corn dogs for lunch or homemade lunchables chips. Mom made us rice krispie treats lemon cake baked spaghetti squash casserole etc. Etc....love!

    ReplyDelete