Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2017

Meal Plan Monday - March 13-19/Blog Announcement!

Whew! What a day. While other Oklahomans are on spring break this week, my family is hard at work with homeschool and spring cleaning. We also have a few playdates and activities scheduled since we don't have dance classes. If you haven't caught on yet, we are always busy! And busy is good. We do what we love.


Because we are always so busy, I have an announcement about the blog.


Starting this week, I am revamping the post format for the blog. Writing takes a lot of time, and I want to do it well. There are also a lot of topics I want to cover, and it has felt like I spend a lot of time on some and not enough on others. So in order to simplify, which is my primary purpose, I am going to be follow a post schedule. Watch for the following topics on their scheduled days:

Mondays - "Meal Plan Monday" will continue, and in order to motivate myself and vary my writing, I will be including at least one new recipe a week along with some reviews of what worked and what didn't the previous week.
Tuesdays - "Simple Tasks" will be changing! On Tuesdays I will post all of the detailed tasks for the week (3-4) along with the checklist. This way you can work at your own pace, and other readers won't feel like this is solely a decluttering blog.
Wednesdays - "Simple Beauty" or "Simple Heath" will rotate with my tips on small changes you can make to look and feel your best.
Thursdays - "Simple Home" will feature ideas to simplify your home life with everything from laundry to decorating.
Fridays - "Simple Homeschool" will showcase how we run our homeschool, what curriculum and schedules we follow, and what fun activities we include. Learn about how we learn as a family!
Saturdays - "Simple Savings" and "Simple Family" will alternate with tips on how to easily save money and how to have fun family time.

Sundays will be my day off to plan for the next week's posts, but I may pop in from time to time if I come across something that is simply fantastic!


I hope everyone enjoys the changes and finds them beneficial. If you have a topic that you want me to write about, please comment on the blog or the Facebook page!

And now on to the meal plan!

Disclaimer: We deal with sensory disorders and immune deficiencies in our house, so not everyone eats everything I prepare. I am OK with that because it is our normal.  Sometimes Mommy is in survival mode, and we just have to do what works.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change.

 Breakfasts 
Double chocolate banana muffins, frozen waffles, plain egg omelets, bacon, fruit 

Lunches
Dinner leftovers, tuna sandwiches with chips, mac & cheese, cheese/crackers, peanut butter, raisin bread, fruit, tomato soup

Dinners 
Monday: Creamed tuna and peas over noodles
Tuesday:  Oven roasted pork chops and green beans with mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Salsa Chicken and black bean soup with tortilla chips
Thursday: Roasted red potatoes, green peppers, onions, and zucchini with smoked sausage
Friday: Make-your-own pizza
Saturday: Race Day! We are doing a family 5K/fun-run, so any food we want from anywhere!
Sunday:  Pork veggie-loaded meatloaf, mac & cheese, spinach

Snacks
Smoothies, yogurt, fresh fruits/vegetables, chips/salsa, chocolate chip cookies

This blog links up with the orgjunkie.com Meal Plan Monday linky party!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! We have a lot in common. My mom has a gift for cooking. She makes everything wonderful n it comes natural. She's wanting to get a food truck (her dream) when she retires n feed poor people at a decent price a variety of things. Little Mathew wants to help. During the wk. we do quick n easy meals n cook more involved things on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat on the 2 or 3 recipes we cook on Sat. when we're home to eat during the wk. Spicy Pretzels (mom's recipe): 1 bag of mini pretzels, 1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix, 3/4 c. oil, 2 tsp. lemon pepper, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 1-2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (depending on how hot u want the pretzels) (I just use 1 tsp.) In a small bowl, mix cayenne & lemon pepper, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, and oil. Place pretzels in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in mixture from bowl. Shake well. Allow to marinate-4 hours. Rotate bag after 2 hours. (I split the pretzels in 2 bags n split the mixture in 2 bowls n make the mixture even in each bowl to pour in each of the 2 bags. So good!

    ReplyDelete