Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Simple Tasks - Office Supplies Week - Comprehensive Checklist

This week I focused on office supplies so I could prepare for receiving a very special piece of furniture. I ordered a custom buffet for my dining room. It was originally an old dresser that was refinished in a lovely antiqued green with a dark stained top. How does a buffet relate to office supplies? I am using it for my homeschool center! I believe in organizing thing where they are used, not necessarily in their traditional storage spots, and we do most of our schooling at the kids' desks in the living room or at the dining table. And since these spaces are combined in a "great room," it makes sense to keep the supplies next to the dining table.

But back to office supplies.

I wanted to declutter my supplies before I received the buffet so that my decluttering was separated from my organizing. I needed to know what supplies I was keeping so I would know how to arrange them in the new storage space. And it worked out perfectly. I had just enough space with a little room for growth.

If you want to keep going with decluttering your office supplies, here is the comprehensive checklist I used to help me prepare my own supplies:
My new buffet that is housing my office supplies!

*Pens
*Pencils
*Markers
*Erasers
*White-Out
*Tape
*Paper Clips
*Binder Clips
*Staples/Stapler
*Tacks
*Rubber Bands
*Magnets
*Scissors
*Hole punches
*Rulers/measuring tapes
*Glues
*Label Maker
*Notepads/Notebooks
*Folders
*Envelopes
*Calendars

Some people may have additional categories, and some people may not have things for every category. Both are OK! The important thing to remember is that you keep what you need and use. If your lifestyle has changed since the last time you decluttered your office supplies,  you may not need to keep things for every category. I used to be a college English instructor who worked from home, so I needed many more office supplies than what I use now. Even though I teach homeschool everyday, I need fewer "adult" office supplies. So declutter for the life you have now.

And remember to donate usable supplies to the organization of your choice! Libraries, schools, nursing homes, boys and girls clubs, and more can benefit from your donation.

Next week I will be changing up how "Simple Tasks" are listed to make them more simple for everyone (including me!). And remember to keep simple, and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment