Search This Blog

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Simple Beauty - Product Review - Cliganic Jojoba Oil

I have sensitive skin. It's oily and dry and prone to eczema, especially when juniper trees or ragweed are blooming. Almost every conventional beauty product I try causes some sort of reaction, especially if I leave it on for too long, so for a long time I either avoided wearing much make up or I had to remove it almost immediately after I got home. But after discovering organic Jojoba Oil, those problems are gone!

Jojoba oil is produced by the seed of the  Simmondsia chinensis plant which is native to North America. It is high in vitamin E, so it is excellent at repairing skin and healing wounds. It is also close to skin's own sebum, so it does not clog pores like coconut oil can do. Jojoba oil is also a great base if you apply essential oils. 

I love jojoba oil because it removes makeup while soothing irritation. For a long time I couldn't even wear eye makeup during allergy seasons because my eyelids would swell with eczema. But the jojoba oil removes eye-shadow, eyeliner, and mascara easily (even if it's waterproof!) and it soothes the eyelid to decrease and prevent swelling.  It also helps to heal acne and it soothes irritated skin after tweezing (goodbye uni-brow!).  

If you have never cleaned your face with oil before, be prepared for some skin adjustment. It can take some time for oil production to regulate, so you may experience a few extra blemishes during the first week of use. After that though, be prepared for a beautiful glow! If the jojoba oil agrees with your skin, you should find that your skin is softer, your acne has decreased, and your fine lines have diminished. 

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any jojoba oil company or any included links. I have not received any compensation for this post. I merely love to share what works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment