Search This Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Meal Plan Monday - March 6-12

This is a busy week for us. Both of my children dance, and this week we have an extra session at the dance school because they are taking pictures for the recital program. This week I have to keep it quick and easy with meals based on what I have and what I can either throw in the crock pot or make quickly.


Prairie Daughter did receive two new cookbooks for her birthday, and I have promised her that we will try some recipes, so if we do, we will post our results and the recipes! She is anxious to start cooking meals especially after reading about Beezus and Ramona's cooking experience in Ramona Quimby, Age 8.

Disclaimer: We deal with sensory disorders and immune deficiencies in our house, so not everyone eats everything I prepare. I am OK with that because it is our normal.  Sometimes Mommy is in survival mode, and we just have to do what works.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change.

 Breakfasts 
Double chocolate banana muffins, frozen waffles, plain egg omelets, bacon, fruit 

Lunches
Dinner leftovers, chicken breast, mac & cheese, cheese/crackers, peanut butter, raisin bread, fruit, tomato soup

Dinners 
Monday: Roasted red potatoes, green peppers, onions, and zucchini with smoked sausage
Tuesday:  Crockpot whole chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, peas
Wednesday: Lentil pasta with meat sauce, green peas, garlic toast
Thursday: Leftovers/frozen pizza
Friday: Slow cooker beef and broccoli with brown rice
Saturday: Pork veggie-loaded meatloaf, mac & cheese, spinach
Sunday: Pinto beans, ham, cornbread

Snacks
Smoothies, yogurt, fresh fruits/vegetables, chips/salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment