Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2017

Meal Plan Monday - February 20-26

Sometimes plans go off track. This is what happened to me last week. In the midst of celebrating my Prairie Daughter's 7th birthday, both children and I came down sick. We have been in survival mode for 4 days. I think we are gradually getting better, so hopefully I am back on track with the blog this week and we can get back to our regular scheduled simple life!

This week I will still be trying to survive while playing catch-up. My meals are going to super-super simple! We had to rescheduled the birthday party, so that is why it is appearing again. I also had to cancel some of last weeks dinners because of all the illnesses, so those are being used this week.

Disclaimer: We deal with sensory disorders and immune deficiencies in our house, so not everyone eats everything I prepare. I am OK with that because it is our normal.  Sometimes Mommy is in survival mode, and we just have to do what works.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change.

 Breakfasts 
Double chocolate banana muffins, hashbrowns, plain egg omelets, bacon, 

Lunches
Dinner leftovers, chicken breast, mac & cheese, cheese/crackers, peanut butter, raisin bread, fruit, tomato soup

Dinners 
Monday: Take out pizza
Tuesday:  Cod fillets, steamed spinach, carrots
Wednesday: Pork veggie-loaded meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Thursday: Jambalaya with chicken
Friday: Hamburger patties and corn, okra, and tomato stew
Saturday: Pizza party for Prairie Daughter's 7th birthday
Sunday: Slow cooker beef and broccoli with brown rice

Snacks
Smoothies, yogurt, fresh fruits/vegetables, pumpkin pie

No comments:

Post a Comment