Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2017

Simple Treats - Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie



My husband likes to say that I buy ingredients instead of food. And he's right. Keeping raw ingredients on hand can provide limitless recipes, and they don't have to be complicated; they don't even have to be shared!


Today I am sharing my secret. Sometimes after I put the kids to bed, I like to indulge with my favorite single-serving treat - a microwave chocolate chip cookie. This tasty treat is quick to mix up and even quicker to bake.



Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie 

1 T. melted butter
1 T. sugar
1 T. brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
4 T. Flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. baking powder
2 T. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix everything together in a 2 cup ramekin or Pyrex bowl. Cook for 1 minute in the microwave. If it isn't perfect on the first try, :don't give up. You may need to adjust the recipe to accommodate your microwave and household climate. If your cookie is a little too try, shorten the cooking time by 5 seconds and add a tiny bit more butter. If you prefer a less fluffy cookie, you can omit the baking powder and baking soda.

This recipe does make a really big cookie, so it is totally shareable. Although if you just need to indulge, you may want to keep this one a secret.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I had everything on hand so this is great and very quick!

    ReplyDelete