Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2017

Meal Plan Monday - February 27 - March 5

Remember how I thought last week would be a normal week? I was wrong. As soon as everyone got over the flu, allergy season hit. We mostly laid around with tissues and ate whatever remnants we found in the pantry and freezer. That means this week I need to do a big grocery shopping trip!

This week I need to do lots of cooking because we are out of almost everything except ketchup and soda, which we only got because we finally got to have Prairie Daughter's birthday party. So look for lots of home-cooking this week. And if anyone has a favorite dinner recipe, please post it in the comments!

Disclaimer: We deal with sensory disorders and immune deficiencies in our house, so not everyone eats everything I prepare. I am OK with that because it is our normal.  Sometimes Mommy is in survival mode, and we just have to do what works.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change.

 Breakfasts 
Chocolate chip pancakes, plain egg omelets, bacon, fruit 

Lunches
Dinner leftovers, chicken breast, mac & cheese, cheese/crackers, peanut butter, raisin bread, fruit, tomato soup

Dinners 
Monday: Jambalaya with chicken
Tuesday:  Crockpot roast and potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday: Lentil pasta with meat sauce, green peas, garlic toast
Thursday:  Crockpot chicken tacos on corn tortillas
Friday: Potatoes, peppers, onions, zucchini & smoked sausage sheet pan dinner
Saturday:Burritos from Chipotle
Sunday:

Snacks
Smoothies, yogurt, fresh fruits/vegetables, leftover cupcakes, chips/salsa

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I just want to give u a life saver idea that I do. It works wonders w/ allergies. I haven't used meds for 2 yrs. Take 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar in a full glass of water. Drink at least 2 full glasses of that mixture n squirt honey in it 2 or 3 times a day n always take an allergy med. like claritin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peach cobbler by Trisha Yearwood (it's on food network if you want to watch her video on youtube.com or u can download foodnetwork on ur phone (mom says is wonderful): 2 15 oz. cans sliced peaches in syrup (I use the light), 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, 1 cup self-rising flour (not the all purpose), 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk n she does a homemade whipping cream. I just use reddi whip. I like mine cold in the fridge. Brian heats his up. This taste more like a bread pudding sweeter. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give the kids Zyrtec n with Kaylee I do 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with juice n water 3 times a day since she's only 3 n Mathew gets the 2 tablespoons twice a day like me. They do better on Zyrtec. The apple cider vinegar will work over a few days time also good for ears. Thank u for all ur helpful info. Clearing out my purse n makeup ;).

    ReplyDelete