Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Simple Celebrations - Valentine's Day

Treats for my sweets!
I love Valentine's Day. I love sharing love with others. I also love to keep things simple.  The day doesn't have to be overdone to be fun. So today I am sharing some of our traditions for a little inspiration.


Beanie Baby Love
I put up our decorations a week before the holiday. I put up a holiday garland and a couple of sentimental items on the kitchen counters. Our house is open, so this is the best place to decorate. I also put up some Beanie Babies on the piano. If the kids want to touch them, I know they can't break anything!

Grandparents' treats
My husband and I usually go out for a quiet dinner. We rarely go out to eat alone, so this is a real treat. It doesn't have to be anything over the top. In fact, we usually go to the Chinese buffet where we had our first date 12 years ago. We exchange cards and sometimes have a small surprise. My husband loves dark chocolate, so he is easy to shop for!

We always have a few treats for the grandparents. The kids make their own cards, and I try to get flowers and a few snacks. We keep it healthy if possible.

The kids get a small treasure each and a small package of candy. There are few types of candy they can eat without having reactions, so it is exciting when they each get their own bag.

Valentine's Storytime
Cards for friends
During Valentine's Day, we read Valentine's books and make crafts. Stickers are always a big hit in our house. We also make cards for friends. Nothing beats a handmade card!

I don't stress over Valentine's Day. I like to enjoy the day. So keep it simple, and have a Happy Valentine's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment