Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2017

Meal Plan Monday - February 6-12

Confession: I love meal planning. I love knowing what is coming so I can prepare. That said, I don't always fully accomplish my meal plan for this week (I do have a husband and two kids who have a knack for throwing off a schedule) but hey, that's life.

This week is what I call a "normal" week for us. The kids are homeschooled, so we try to stay home during the day as much as possible so they can complete their lessons. We don't have special activities outside of our normal dance and library classes this week either which means we will be spending A LOT of time at home. A lot of time at home means we need a lot of food!

Disclaimer: We deal with sensory disorders and immune deficiencies in our house, so not everyone eats everything I prepare. I am OK with that because it is our normal.  Sometimes Mommy is in survival mode, and we just have to do what works.

For my menu plan, I loosely plan breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, but I get more specific with dinners. I may assign days for specific meals, but that is always subject to change.

Breakfasts 
Waffles, sausage patties, hashbrowns, apple bran muffins, blueberry lemon loaf

Lunches
Superbowl leftovers, dinner leftovers, cheese/crackers, peanut butter, raisin bread, fruit, tomato soup

Dinners 
Monday: Potatoes, peppers, onions, zucchini & smoked sausage sheet pan dinner
Tuesday: Crock Pot Whole Chicken,
Wednesday: Crock Pot pinto beans, sausage, spinach
Thursday: Lentil pasta with meat sauce, green peas, garlic toast
Friday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice
Saturday: Take out tacos
Sunday: Leftovers

Snacks
Pumpkin applesauce, smoothies, yogurt, fresh fruits/vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment